The JAOCR is owned and operated by the American Osteopathic College of Radiology (“AOCR”) and published by Anderson Publishing, Ltd. (“Anderson”).
- Agreement Between User and AOCR/Anderson: This is a binding agreement between the American Osteopathic College of Radiology (AOCR), a not-for-profit organization, Anderson Publishing, Ltd., and you, the user. JAOCR’s website is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions and notices contained herein. By using JAOCR website, you confirm your acceptance of, and agree to be bound by, this agreement and all such terms, conditions and notices.
- JAOCR Website Usage: This website and all its contents are intended solely for personal, noncommercial use. You may download or copy the contents displayed on the website for personal use only. No right, title, or interest in any downloaded materials or software is transferred to you as a result of any such downloading or copying. You may not reproduce, publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, sell or participate in any sale of or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, any of the contents of this website. The content on this website may be used only as an educational resource. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display, or performance, of the content on this website is strictly prohibited.
Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of this website. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this website or any activity being conducted on this website.
AOCR/Anderson welcomes your comments about this website. However, any comments, feedback, notes, messages, ideas, suggestions, or other communications (collectively, "Comments") submitted by you shall be and remain the exclusive property of AOCR/Anderson. Your submission of any such Comments shall constitute an assignment to AOCR/Anderson of all worldwide rights, titles, and interests in all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in the Comments. AOCR/Anderson will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, publish, and distribute any material you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Therefore, AOCR/Anderson asks that you not send any comments that you do not wish to assign to AOCR/Anderson, including any confidential information or any original creative materials such as product ideas or original images/artwork.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold AOCR/Anderson harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs, and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising from or related to your use of this website.
- Personally Identifiable Patient Data: Unless prior written individual authorization is obtained, you agree to not use or disclose on JAOCR’s website any health information that identifies or with respect to which a reasonable basis exists to believe that the information can be used to identify an individual. Health information identifies an individual or creates a reasonable basis to identify an individual if: (1) it is created by or received from a health care provider, health plan, employer or health care clearinghouse; and (2) it relates to the past, present, or future physical or mental health or condition of the individual, the provision of health care to the individual, or the past, present or future payment for the provision of health care to the individual.
Health information may be used or disclosed without written individual authorization only in the very narrow circumstance where it has been de-identified by eliminating the specified identifying information and you have no reason to believe that a reasonably anticipated recipient could use the remaining information either alone or in combination with other information to identify the individual. You agree that you shall be solely responsible for any such determination and agree to indemnify AOCR/Anderson for the consequences of such determination.
If federal or state requirements protecting individual health information are more restrictive than the regulations in this section of the agreement, then you agree to abide by the federal or state requirements.
- Copyright Information
Copyrights – All contents of the JAOCR website are: Copyright ©2015 The American Osteopathic College of Radiology, All Rights Reserved.
With the exception of material on other servers that is linked to this server, all materials available on this server are copyrighted by the American Osteopathic College of Radiology. (AOCR), 119 East Second Street, Milan, MO 63556. As per copyright regulations, "fair use" of selected portions of the material for educational purposes by individuals and organizations is permitted provided that proper attribution accompanies such use. The AOCR copyright notice must appear on all copies.
Commercial reproduction or multiple distribution by any traditional or electronically based reproduction/publication method is prohibited. The name of the American Osteopathic College of Radiology, or the AOCR/JAOCR logo may not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of this information without specific, written prior permission. The AOCR makes no representations about the suitability of this information for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
AOCR/Anderson respects the intellectual property ownership rights of others. If you believe your work has been reproduced in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify us immediately.
- Links to Third-Party Websites: References on this website to any names, marks, products, or services of third parties or hypertext links to third-party sites or information are provided solely as a convenience to you and do not in any way constitute or imply AOCR/Anderson endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation of the third party, information, product, or service. AOCR/Anderson is not responsible for the content of any third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of material on such sites.
- No Medical Advice or Referrals: The information posted on JAOCR’s website should not be considered medical advice and is not intended to replace consultation with a qualified radiologic professional. The AOCR/Anderson does not answer specific medical questions or refer people to a particular radiologic professional.
- General Disclaimers, Exclusion of Damages, and Limitation of Liability: The information, software, products and services included in or available through the JAOCR website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. AOCR/Anderson may make improvements and/or changes in the JAOCR website at any time. Information received via the JAOCR website should not be relied upon for personal, medical, legal or financial decisions, and you should consult an appropriate professional for specific advice.
AOCR/Anderson makes no representations about the JAOCR website, including without limitation JAOCR website’s suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness and accuracy of the information, materials, software, products, services, and graphics. AOCR/Anderson provides JAOCR’s website, including without limitation all information, materials, software, products, services and graphics “as is” without warranty of any kind.
Your sole and exclusive remedy if you are dissatisfied with any portion of the JAOCR website is to discontinue using it. AOCR/Anderson in no event under any circumstances whatsoever shall be liable for any direct, indirect, compensatory, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever, including without limitation damages for loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the JAOCR website, with the delay or inability to use the JAOCR website, the provision of or failure to provide services, or for any information, materials, software, products, services, and graphics obtained through the JAOCR website, security breaches, or otherwise arising out of the use of the JAOCR website, whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or otherwise, even if AOCR/Anderson has been advised of the possibility of damages.
Also in particular, in no event shall AOCR/Anderson be held liable for any direct, indirect, compensatory, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever arising out of in connection with the information provided on JAOCR’s website, including without limitation in connection with the use of techniques or procedures discussed on the JAOCR website.
Some jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties or the exclusion of certain types of damages. Therefore, if and only if required by applicable law, some of the foregoing exclusions may not apply to you.
- Indemnity: You agree to indemnify AOCR/Anderson from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including without limitation attorneys’ fees) and damages arising out of claims based upon your use of JAOCR’s website, including without limitation any claim of libel, defamation, violation of rights of privacy or publicity, loss of service by other members and infringement of intellectual property or other rights. AOCR/Anderson will notify you promptly of any claim which AOCR/Anderson seeks indemnification and will afford you the opportunity to participate in the defense of such a claim, provided that your participation will not be conducted in a manner prejudicial to JAOCR’s interests as reasonably determined by AOCR/Anderson.
- Construction: If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including without limitation the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision, and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.